Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mermaid Eggs

Mermaid Eggs

When I was a small child mother took my sister and I on trips in the summer and long weekends. We usually went camping or hiking somewhere new but sometimes we liked a place so much that we wanted to go back again and again.

One year we went to Aquarena Springs in San Marcos Texas.  As a wide eyed child I still remember seeing an Aquamaid for the first time and fell in love with the idea that Mermaids really do exist outside of movies and story books. 

They swam so gracefully in the water as I watched through the thick glass that separated us yet let me feel like I was right there in the water with them. They had a show and did tricks such as back flips and my favorite was when they drank coke out of a glass bottle.  I was amazed and wished I loved water enough to be a mermaid, yet I was still afraid from my near death experience in the past.

We rode the glass bottom boat and could see all the fish and underwater creatures swim below. The whole time I was watching out for more Mermaids and was sure I spotted a glimpse of a tail. Ralph, the famous swimming pig was also a sight that people traveled far to see.

The history of Aquarina Springs in interesting and I wish it was still open so you could have a chance to experience the magic as well. Sadly, it has closed and is now a nature center. Here is an article explaining more in detail of what it was and is now.

That is a place I will never forget and remember fondly to this day.

~~~~~~

Over the years I often wondered if Mermaids lay eggs or give live birth. What a silly thing to think about but it does cross my mind. They have human features on the top and are fish like at the bottom so that makes me think that both are possible. 


When the idea of Mermaid Eggs came to me I tried to think of what an egg from a Mermaid would look like. I imagined it would be similar to a mermaid in their beauty yet a little rough like a fish. So I made the texture layered and scale-ish but encrusted with beautiful colors and gems. 

Here are a few pictures of my Mermaid Eggs



This one is a dark blue and black with a blue stone and little blue gems.

This one is pink and black with a pink stone and pink gems.

This one is a pearl encrusted black and white egg.

I have a few more varieties and create new ones as I am inspired.
I also have Dragon Eggs!!
They will be available in my shop soon.

Have a magical day...
~April~
Friggle Fraggle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tutorial: Pictures and Frames

 Hey there! I decided to add in a tutorial for the Salem Witch Academy frames just in case there is someone who needs a little help with tha...