Tuesday, July 31, 2018

I am not the only one

My son told me today that I am unique and not all people are as creative and ambitious as I am.

I forget that.

It's good to have a reminder every now and then. Some people relax by watching T.V., reading, sleeping or playing games.

I create.

I love the feeling of bringing my thoughts to life.  Seeing the beauty as the work is in progress. There is something magical about holding the finished product in my hand. Not everyone feels that way but I do.

I can not but create.

Thinking of my friends and family I realize that my father is the same way, for the most part, but on a different scale. For me it's fanciful things like Dragons, Mermaids and Fairies. I make things that I decorate with, wear or give to friends.

He builds.

Using tools and machines that I can't even figure out how to turn on he can make them do things I didn't know was possible. He built the house I lived in as a child with secret rooms and a waterfall, tennis courts and game rooms with arches of rock that look like they belong in a castle.

He makes magic in his own way.

So, when my child gives me a reminder that I am different and not everyone is like me, I smile knowing I'm not the only one.

And that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tutorial: Pictures and Frames

 Hey there! I decided to add in a tutorial for the Salem Witch Academy frames just in case there is someone who needs a little help with tha...