Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year Tree

How long do you keep up your Christmas Tree?

We put our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. That has been a tradition that my mother and her mother did, so I followed it. We play Christmas music and watch Christmas movies until Christmas then I don't want to hear or see them again until the following Thanksgiving weekend. There are only so many Christmas songs and you can only listen to them so many times a year!

I know a lady that starts her Christmas about the same time places like Walmart starts putting out Christmas decorations...in AUGUST. Blah... What about Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love Halloween! I decorate for Halloween longer than I do for Christmas because it can be so different each year. Halloween in my house runs into thanksgiving. I just take the spooky stuff out of the decorations and leave up the fall looking things.

Back to the Christmas tree... This year the kids decorated the tree all on their own, completely without my help. This is the first year. Usually we start out all decorating and I end up finishing in by myself because they got interested in other things. This year I was on the couch with a heating pad watching them decorate. I so wanted to get up and help them but they assured me that they could do it and that I should rest.- I had pulled a muscle in my arm/shoulder/back area and I was in a lot of pain at the time. I was so proud of them and a little sad at the same time. They are getting so big and don't need Mama as much.

Well, Christmas was over and I was ready to take down the tree. We had company coming to stay with us for a week and I wanted to get the tree down and out of the way so I wouldn't have to mess with it while trying to entertain the guests. The kids convinced me to keep it up until after they left which was after the new year. So we came up with a good solution.....a New Year's Tree!

I printed out some clocks on cardstock and placed them on the tree. Also glued some to old cd's that I had kept for craft projects.

Our's didn't look like this but here are some cute ideas for a New Year's Tree for the future.
I got this image from pinterest. This is the blog it came from.

Just google printable clock faces and print on cardstock. Glue to old cd's if you would like.

I love clocks so I will be using them more throughout the year as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tutorial: Pictures and Frames

 Hey there! I decided to add in a tutorial for the Salem Witch Academy frames just in case there is someone who needs a little help with tha...